Dine Israel Volume 32
Articles in English
- Yonatan Y. Brafman, ‘The Objectifying Instrument of Religious Consciousness’: Halakhic Norms as Expression and Discipline in Soloveitchik’s Thought
- Ephraim Kanarfogel, Restoring Spanish Torah Study to Its Former Glory: On the Goals and Intended Audiences of Sefer ha-Êinnukh and Its Exposition of Ta‘amei ha-Mitsvot
- Lawrence H. Schiffman, Second Temple Period Rationales for the Torah’s Commandments
- David Shatz, Between the Ritual and the Ethical: Mastery Over the Body in Modern Theories of Ta‘amei ha-Mitsvot
- Levi Cooper, Esotericism, Accessibility, and Mainstreamization: Pre-Prayer Waving and the Evolution of Jewish Practice
- Ephraim Kanarfogel, The Adjudication of Fines in Ashkenaz during the Medieval and Early Modern Periods and the Preservation of Communal Decorum
- George Y. Kohler, Against the Heteronomy of Halakhah: Hermann Cohen’s Implicit Rejection of Kant’s Critique of Judaism
- Martin Lockshin, Does Halakhah Really Uproot Peshat?
- Assaf Likhovski, Recent Trends in the Study of the Intellectual History of Law and Jewish Law Scholarship
- Amihai Radzyner Halakhah, Law, and Worldview: Chief Rabbis Goren and Yosef and the Permission to Marry a Second Wife in Israeli Law
Law & Technology Workshop hosts Prof. Katrina Ligett, Computer Science Department, Hebrew University
Law and Economics Workshop hosts Zhiyong “John” Liu, Indiana State University
Law and Economics Workshop hosts Prof. Nira Lieberman, Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University.