Participate in the first essay writing competition
Submission deadline extended to Friday, May 7, 2021
The Parasol Foundation International LL.M. Program is launching its first essay competition for India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. To qualify for the competition, candidates need to be enrolled in a law degree either at the undergraduate level in their country or recent LL.B. graduates.
There are three topics for the essays in consonance with the three specializations offered by the International LL.M. program: Law and Technology, Business Law, and International Law and Human Rights.
The topics for the competition are as follows:
International Law & Human Rights: Access to medicine in a Covid-19 world.
Business Law: New ways in which laws can support innovation.
Law and Technology: Should we regulate fake news on digital platforms?
Procedures for submission:
All submissions are to be made by 11:59 pm (Indian Standard Time) on Friday, May 7, 2021.
The submissions are to be sent via email in either PDF or Word format to email@example.com
Participation in the competition implies acceptance of the below terms and conditions.
Please note the following rules:
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition.
- Candidates may submit no more than one essay on each topic and may win only one prize.
- Previously published essays are therefore excluded. Any form of plagiarism will result in the disqualification of the essay.
- Length of Essay: The essay shall be no longer than 2,000 words, footnotes included.
- The submission should be on an A4 size page
- Font size shall be 12 with 1.5 spacing
- Margins of 2.54 cm on the top, bottom, and both sides
- Any recognized style of the referencing system must be used consistently.
The first page of the submission should only have the following information:
- Full name:
- E-mail address & contact number:
- Name of the College/University:
- Graduation (or Expected Graduation) Year:
- Statement: “I hereby declare that this essay submitted for the 2021 Parasol Foundation International LL.M. Program Essay Competition, titled XXX, is my original work, and was written solely by myself, without any assistance.”
Scoring of the essay:
The following criteria will be used in assessing the essay:
- Content – Originality: 65 %
- Clarity: 15 %
- Structure: 10 %
- Overall impression: 10 %
The quality of language will not be a decisive factor, as long as the text retains its clarity and coherence.
Names of the winners will be published on our website by Monday, June 07, 2021.
- First prize – 33% tuition reduction ($7,000 USD)
- Second prize – 20% tuition reduction ($4,200 USD)
- Third prize – 10% tuition reduction ($2,100 USD)
* Please note that the grant of prizes is subject to the applicant meeting all other registration and acceptance requirements.
Copyright in all contributions accepted will remain with the authors, and they are free to re-use their own material.
Essays incompatible with the above rules and conditions will not be considered.